Effective August 23, 2016 until October 1, 2016, the Board of Selectmen voted to implement a full residential and commercial irrigation ban in the Town of Sharon, with the exception of the utilization of handheld hoses between 6PM–6AM
What should you do to help conserve water during this drought?
- Observe the water ban and let your lawn go dormant.
- If you use a hose, make sure to attach a spray nozzle to it.
- Go to a car wash rather than washing your car at home.
- Stop filling swimming pools.
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth, shave, wash dishes, etc.
- Take shorter showers. Use a kitchen timer if you need a reminder.
- Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when completely full.
- Fix leaky faucets and “running” toilets. Small leaks waste hundreds of gallons of water a month.
- Upgrade to water efficient toilets, clothes washers, showerheads, and faucets.
- Make water efficiency a way of life.
Learn more at www.sharonwater.com